Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Fresh from apple garden!..

Made with love apple puree

--- Ingredients ---

~ a packet of organic red apples ( about 10 in a pkt)

* But i will only use 3 apples a time, as i prefer to make it fresher.

* 1 cube is = 15ml. 3 apples make 10 cubes.

---Prep ---

~ wash apple, quarter..peel and core them.

~ put all apples into a small stainless steel bowl and steam over waters for 10 mins, till tender.

~ remove and cool for few mins before pouring into processor to puree to smooth texture.

~ add little of water from the steaming bowl to blender to get right consisitency.

** a treat for mummy... the water from steaming the apples tastes much better than apple juice! It's naturally sweet and have a great aroma, let it chill before you drink...or else u have a warm AJ.

** Gina's book suggests boiling the apples, but i prefer steaming than boiling to preserve more of the nutrients in the fruit.

3 comments:

dardar6374 said...

will try this soon... what portion you give Kynan ? I grated some apple puree for Bernice today. she loved it.

Kynan's mummy said...

Yeah..to me, mummy's homemade is best! I gave Kynan 1 cube = 15ml and he seems to like it,then i gave him half cube more.

*I recently stop gaving him the apple puree as my friend suggest to still let cereal be their main diet.And worry that giving fruits may increase their sweet taste bud.

I will try to introduce puree back again after he is more use to cereal. I will be doing organic carrot puree next...

dardar6374 said...

i give the grated apple puree (I don't steam it, I just grate it fresh and feed her 1 tbsp) in the mornings. And her cereals in the evenings. I don't think the fruits will replace the cereals, it's more to introduce the diff taste and the vit C in them. After the apple puree, I will give a few spoons of water to wash down the sweetness. same with the cereals, just to wash down.